TERMS OF SERVICE
LEGACY INSURANCE SERVICES, INC. Important!
Read this entire Agreement carefully.
These are the terms and conditions governing your use of the mylegacyinsurance.com website and our Services.
WELCOME to the Legacy Insurance Services, Inc. website available under the domain name mylegacyinsurance.com operated by Western National Insurance Group ("WN"). This General Terms of Service Agreement (this "Agreement") sets forth the terms and conditions governing your use of this Site and your access to and use of the information, content and Services offered on this Site (which, collectively with this Site, constitute the "Services"). By accessing or using this Site or any of the Services, you accept and agree to be legally bound by this Agreement, as it may be amended or supplemented from time to time (as further described below), and agree to all operating rules and/or policies of WN and the Services that may be published by WN on this Site. All these rules and policies are incorporated into this Agreement by this reference. WN has other operating rules and policies relating to the Services generally. Further, certain areas of this Site, including, without limitation, access to the secured Site may require registration and/or be subject to additional terms and conditions of use.
IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS THIS SITE OR USE THE SERVICES.
WN Reserves the Right to Revise this Agreement. WN reserves the right, at any time and from time to time, to update, revise, supplement and to otherwise modify this Agreement, and to impose new or additional rules, policies, terms or conditions on your use of the Services. Such updates, revisions, supplements, modifications and additional rules, policies, terms and conditions (collectively referred to in this Agreement as "Additional Terms") shall be effective immediately and incorporated into this Agreement upon notice thereof, which may be given by any reasonable means including by posting to this Site. Your continued use of the Services following such notice shall be deemed to conclusively indicate your acceptance of any and all such Additional Terms. All Additional Terms are hereby incorporated into this Agreement by this reference.
WN May Revise or Terminate Any Part of the Services at Any Time. WN reserves the right, at any time and from time to time, to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Services, with or without notice and in its sole discretion. This includes the right to modify, discontinue or remove any content, postings, links, pages, services, or other materials at any time and for any reason. You agree that WN shall not be liable to you for any modification, general suspension or discontinuance of any Services. WN may, in its sole discretion, refuse or restrict anyone from access to any or all of the Services at any time, or WN may, again in its sole discretion terminate the access or any use or registered account with or without prior notice or cause.
Acceptable Use of the Services. In order to use the Services, you must obtain access to the World Wide Web directly or through devices that access web-based content and pay any and all service fees associated with such access.
- Individual Use. You agree that you are only authorized to visit, view and to retain a single copy of pages of this Site solely for your own individual use, and that you shall not duplicate, download, publish, modify or otherwise distribute any material on this Site for any purpose other than for your own individual use unless otherwise specifically authorized by WN. WN posts legal notices and various credits on pages of this Site, which may not be removed even in your permitted copy. You shall not remove these notices or credits, or any additional information contained along with the notices and credits.
- Deep Links. You shall not "deep-link" to this Site, meaning that you will not create, post, display, publish or distribute any link to any page other than the front (home) page of this Site for any purpose, unless specifically authorized in writing by WN to do so.
- Security, Cracking and Hacking. You shall not violate or attempt to violate the security of the Services. Accordingly, you shall not: (i) access data or materials not intended for you; (ii) log into a server or account which you are not authorized to access; (iii) attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; or (iv) attempt to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Services, overloading, "flooding", "mail bombing" or "crashing" the Services. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. WN reserves the right to investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who have participated in such violations. You understand that data and communications, including e-mail and other electronic communications, may be accessed by unauthorized third parties when communicated over the internet. You agree that it is your responsibility to install anti-virus software and related protections against viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines or engines that are intended to damage, destroy, disrupt or otherwise impair a computer's functionality or operation which may be transferred to your computer via the Services.
- You Are Responsible For All of Your Activities and All of the Content You Post. You represent and warrant that any information you post or provide to WN by means of the Services, including, without limitation, as part of any registration or application or to gain access to any Services, is truthful, accurate, not misleading and offered in good faith. Any information disclosed to you via the Services including, without limitation, any content in any personalized areas of this Site, may be used only for its intended purpose. WN expects that you will exercise caution, good sense and proper judgment in using the Services. You agree NOT to use the Services for or in connection with any of the following activities: (i) Spoofing or otherwise impersonating any person or entity, including, without limitation, any other users or any of WN's personnel, or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your identity or affiliation in any way, or forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or other posting; (ii) Any fraudulent or illegal purpose; (iii) E-mailing, uploading, or otherwise transmitting or using the Services in furtherance of the use or distribution of any unlawful, harmful, harassing, defamatory, tortious, libelous, abusive, threatening, vulgar, sexually explicit, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, or any material that is invasive of another's privacy or exploits children, or transmitting any sexually explicit materials, including images and other content; and (iv) Transmitting material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines or engines that are intended to damage, destroy, disrupt or otherwise impair a computer's functionality or the operation of the Services, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information, or transmit any materials that otherwise violate WN's rules or policies.
- Account Password and User ID. If applicable, you will be able to access certain portions of this Site as a registered user of the Services. As a registered user of the Services, you shall receive or establish one or more passwords and accounts. Maintaining the confidentiality and security of your passwords and accounts is solely your responsibility. Accordingly, you shall maintain the security and confidentiality of your accounts. Do not divulge your password or account information to any third party. You are entirely responsible for all activities that occur on or through your account(s), and you agree to notify WN immediately about any unauthorized use of accounts or any breach of security. You agree that WN and its affiliates shall not be responsible for any losses incurred in connection with any misuse of or failure to secure passwords, nor shall they have any responsibility whatsoever for your failure to comply with this section 3(e). WN retains the right to examine your records of user activity and/or account activity for any accounts registered to you.
- Do Not Violate Third Party Intellectual Property Rights. Without limiting the foregoing, you may not, and by using the Services you agree not to, use the Services to: (i) transmit material that is copyrighted, unless you are the copyright owner or have obtained the permission of the copyright owner to transmit it; (ii) transmit material that reveals trade secrets, unless you own them or have the permission of the owner to so transmit them; or (iii) transmit material that infringes on any Intellectual Property Rights (as defined below) of others or violates the privacy or rights of publicity of others. For purposes of this Agreement, the term "Intellectual Property Rights" means collectively, rights under patent, trademark, copyright and trade secret laws, any applications or registrations relating to such rights and any other intellectual property or proprietary rights recognized in any country or jurisdiction worldwide, including, without limitation, the waiver of moral rights and similar rights.
- Ownership. All content and materials included in the Services, including, without limitation, text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, and software are the property of WN or its licensors and are protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademarks and other proprietary rights and Intellectual Property rights laws. The compilation of all content included in the Services is the exclusive property of WN and is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All software included in the Services is the property of WN or its licensors and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. Except to the minimum extent otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying or exploitation of material from the Services is permitted without the express written permission of WN and any other applicable copyright owner. You also may not resell the Services (or any part thereof). You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by virtue of downloading copyrighted material from the Services. All rights not expressly granted hereunder are expressly reserved to WN.
If you believe your rights under applicable copyright laws are being infringed, you may notify WN by e-mailing email@example.com.
- Spidering. The use of any tools, programs, robotic algorithms or products to automatically download or "spider" this Site or any of the pages of this Site is expressly prohibited and infringes on WN's copyrights. Do not use any such tools or products on or in connection with the Services.
- Trademarks. Both the "WN" logo and "The Relationship Company" slogan are registered trademarks. The "look and feel" of this Site is also trademark and proprietary trade dress. This includes WN's color combinations, button shapes, layout, and all other graphical and navigational elements. The "look and feel" of the WN Affiliates sites, including without limitation their color combinations, button shapes, layout, and all other and all other graphical and navigational elements are also trademarks and proprietary trade dress.
- Promotional Materials/Co-Branding. You agree that any sales, promotional, informational or educational or marketing materials provided by WN shall not be altered or changed in any manner except for the authorized placement of names, logos or your entity specific data.
- Termination. Without limiting any of the forgoing, including the rights reserved in section 2, WN may and will terminate your service immediately, if, in its sole discretion, WN believes that your conduct fails to conform with this section 3 (Acceptable Use of the Services), this Agreement or any other business reason. Without limiting the foregoing, if you use, or attempt to use the Services for any purposes other than its intended purposes (including without limitation by tampering, hacking, modifying or otherwise corrupting the security or functionality of the Services), you may also be subject to civil and criminal liability.
Compliance with Laws. You may use the Services only for lawful purposes. The Services are subject to, and you agree that you shall at all times comply with, all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and the like applicable to the use of the Services. This obligation includes your Agreement to comply with all applicable laws, insurance industry-specific regulations and rules relating to the export of technical and other data from the United States (and from your country if you are not located in the United States) and your Agreement not to export or re-export any such data or any other content or materials in violation of such laws, rules or regulations without first obtaining all necessary licenses, consents and approvals therefore, as well as authorization therefore from WN.
Signatures/Your Access to Certain Services. You acknowledge that your electronic submissions constitute your agreement and intent to be bound by the agreements into which you thereby enter.
Pursuant to any applicable statutes, regulations, rules, ordinances or other laws, including without limitation the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act, P.L. 106-229 (the "E-Sign Act") or other similar statutes, YOU HEREBY AGREE TO THE USE OF ELECTRONIC SIGNATURES, CONTRACTS, APPLICATIONS AND OTHER RECORDS AND ELECTRONIC DELIVERY OF NOTICES, POLICIES AND RECORDS OF TRANSACTIONS INITIATED OR COMPLETED THROUGH THIS SITE. Further, you hereby waive any rights or requirements under any statutes, regulations, rules, ordinances or other laws in any jurisdiction which require an original signature or delivery or retention of nonelectronic records, or to payments or the granting of credits by other than electronic means.
As a convenience and courtesy to you, the user of this Site, WN provides access to certain Services on this Site such as a general contents page and a current information page (which provides information that may include, without limitation, news of interest to users of this Site and shipper information) and other Services. You understand that certain Services on this Site may include materials and information from third parties, and you acknowledge and agree that WN has minimal control over such information. Accordingly, WN cannot guarantee, represent or warrant that the content contained in this Site is accurate, appropriate to you, and/or inoffensive.
Disclaimer of Warranties. You access and use the Services at your sole risk. The Services are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis, without warranties of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or non-misappropriation of Intellectual Property Rights of a third party, title, custom, trade, quiet enjoyment, accuracy of informational content, or system integration. WN does not warrant that this Site and any Services will be available or operate in an uninterrupted or error-free manner or that errors or defects will be corrected. In addition, WN does not warrant that information available on or through the Services are appropriate, accurate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction, and accessing them from jurisdictions where their contents are illegal is expressly prohibited. Some jurisdictions do not allow exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusions may not apply to you. If you are a company doing business in California, you hereby waive California Civil Code �1542, which says: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor."
WN may provide, via the Services, planning and educational tools, such tools and calculators may allow you to model "what-if" scenarios, the results of which are illustrative and based on the information and assumptions identified. WN does not warrant or otherwise guarantee that the results shown are necessarily accurate or that products quoted at a particular rate will be available at that rate. We make no warranty regarding the accuracy of such calculators available for use as part of the Services.
Limitation of Liability. You expressly understand and agree that WN shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, consequential or exemplary damages arising out of or in any way related to this Agreement or the use of the Services, including, without limitation, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if WN has been advised of the possibility of such damages). To the extent the foregoing limitation of liability is, in whole or in part, held to be inapplicable or unenforceable for any reason, then the aggregate liability of WN for any reason and upon any cause of action (including, without limitation, negligence, strict liability and other actions in contract or tort) arising out of or in any way related to this Site or this Agreement shall be limited to direct damages actually incurred up to two hundred fifty dollars ($250).
The limitation of liability herein applies to all liabilities in the aggregate, including, without limitation, those resulting from your use or your inability to use the Services, or any other matter arising from or relating to the Services. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply to you.
Indemnity of WN. You agree to indemnify and hold WN harmless, and, at WN's request, to defend WN from and against any claim, demand, cause of action, debt, loss or liability, including reasonable attorney's fees, to the extent that such action is based upon, arises out of, or relates to your use of (or inability to use) the Services or any other activities of yours accomplished using the Services.
Order of Precedence. This Agreement governs your use and access to the Services. To the extent that any provision of this Agreement, or any supplemental agreement offered as any part of any registration for additional Services on this Site, conflicts with any provision of other agreements between you and WN or any of its related or affiliated entities, the terms of this Agreement, shall, as to the specific subject matter of this Agreement, take precedence over the conflicting term(s) of that other agreement. Accordingly, any terms in agency agreement, or any other agreement between you and WN, in all cases are and shall remain binding, take precedence, govern and or limit any conflicting terms on this Site, in this Agreement or in any supplemental agreement for registration for additional Services on this Site, except as this Agreement pertains to the use of the Services per se.
Dispute Resolution. If a dispute arises out of or relates to this Agreement or its breach (with the exception of rights to injunctive relief with respect to Intellectual Property Rights and obligations with respect to confidentiality), and the parties have not been successful in resolving the dispute through direct negotiation, then (i) the dispute shall be resolved by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Arbitration Rules, (ii) any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction, (iii) the location of the arbitration shall be Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.A, and (iv) the parties shall have the right to take discovery of the other party by any method allowed by the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure. The arbitrator(s) shall each be a natural person who has never been employed (either as an employee or as an independent consultant) by either of the parties, or any parent, subsidiary or affiliate thereof. The arbitrator(s) may upon request exclude from the arbitration proceeding any evidence not made available to the other party pursuant to a proper discovery request. The arbitrator(s) shall issue a reasoned award. The cost of the arbitration shall be borne equally by the parties pending the award. Upon the decision of the arbitrator(s), the prevailing party shall be entitled to receive from the other party its reasonable attorneys' fees and costs. The parties, their representatives, other participants, the arbitrator(s) and the administrator(s) of the arbitration shall hold in confidence the existence, content and outcome of the arbitration.
Choice of Law and Forum. The Services are controlled by WN from within the State of Minnesota, USA, although it may be accessed throughout the world. Subject to Section 10 of this Agreement by accessing or using the Services, you and WN each agree that the substantive laws of the State of Minnesota, U.S.A will govern with respect to all matters relating to or arising from this Agreement, or the use (or inability to use) the Services, and that such laws will apply without regard to principles of conflict of laws. Subject to the dispute resolution procedures set forth above, you and WN agree and hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the appropriate state and federal courts located in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA with respect to such matters. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to the Services must be filed or otherwise commenced within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
Miscellaneous Terms. Subject to the terms of Section 10 of this Agreement and WN's other operating rules and policies [Refer to bottom of page for Privacy Statement.] for this Site, this Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement between you and WN with respect to the specific subject matter addressed herein, and governs your use of the Services, superseding any prior agreements between you and WN relating to such subject matter, but this Agreement may be supplemented by any other agreement you enter into with WN pursuant to a registration to access certain features of this Site. The failure of WN to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and that the other provisions of this Agreement remain in full force and effect. The section headings used in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
Without limiting the foregoing, the Services at this Site are not intended for use by or availability to minors. If you are not legally an adult under the law where you live or if you are under 18 years of age, you may not access this Site or use the Services. If so, please immediately discontinue use of the Services and do not access this Site.